- Zia Therapy Center, Inc. (Ztrans)operates its programs and services without regard to race, color, national origin, and disability, in accordance with Title VI of the Civil Rights Act and the Americans with Disabilities Act. Any person who believes she or he has been aggrieved by any unlawful discriminatory practice may file a complaint with Zia Therapy Center, Inc. For more information on Zia Therapy Center Inc.’s civil rights program and the procedures to file a complaint, please call, email, or visit – Zia Therapy Center at 900 First St, Alamogordo, NM 88310. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org, Phone: 575-439-4971
- A complainant may file a complaint directly with the Federal Transit Administration (FTA), Office of Civil Rights, Attention: Title VI/ADA Program Coordinator, East Building, 5th Floor-TCR, 1200 New Jersey Ave., SE, Washington, DC 20590. Phone: (202) 366-4043.
- If information is needed in another language please contact us at 575-430-0063.
Zia Therapy Center, Inc. (Ztrans)
Title VI/ADA(Non-Discrimination) Complaint Procedures
Zia Therapy Center, Inc.(Ztrans) is committed to a policy of nondiscrimination in the provision of public transportation service. If you believe that you have been subjected to discrimination due to your race, color, national origin, or disability, or have a complaint about the accessibility of our service, you can file a complaint. Please provide all facts and circumstances surrounding your issue or complaint so we can fully investigate the incident.
How do you file a complaint?
You can call Ztrans at (575)439-4971 or use the accompanying Complaint Form.
You may file a signed, dated and written complaint no more than 180 days from the date of the alleged incident. The complaint should include:
- Your name, address and telephone number. (See question 1 of the Complaint Form.)
- How, why, and when you believe you were discriminated against. Include as much specific, detailed information as possible about the alleged acts of discrimination, and any other relevant information. (See questions 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, and 11 of the Complaint Form.)
- The names of any persons, if known, whom the director could contact for clarity of your allegations. (See question 11 of the Complaint Form.)
Please mail, email, or return your completed form to:
C/O Zia Therapy Center, Inc.
900 First St.
Alamogordo, NM 88310
Do you need complaint assistance?
If you are unable to complete a written complaint due to a disability or if information is needed in another language we can assist you. Please contact us at (575)439-4971.
How will your complaint be handled?
Ztrans investigates complaints received no more than 180 days after the alleged incident. We will process complaints that are complete. Once a completed complaint is received, we will review it to determine if it has jurisdiction. The complainant will receive a letter acknowledging receipt of the complaint and whether we have jurisdiction to investigate the complaint.
Ztrans will generally complete an investigation within 90 days from receipt of a complaint. If more information is needed to resolve the case, we may contact you. Unless we specify a longer period, you will have ten (10) days from the date of the request to send the requested information. If the requested information is not received, we may administratively close the case. A case may also be administratively closed if you no longer wish to pursue it.
After the investigation is complete, Ztrans will send you a letter summarizing the results of the investigation, stating the findings, and advising of any corrective action to be taken as a result of the investigation. If you disagree with our determination, you may request reconsideration by submitting a request in writing to us within seven (7) days after the date of the letter, stating with specificity the basis for the reconsideration. We will notify you of the decision either to accept or reject the request for reconsideration within ten (10) days. In cases where reconsideration is granted, we will issue a determination letter to the complainant upon completion of the reconsideration review.
Do I have other options for filing a complaint?
We encourage that you file the complaint with us. However, you may file a complaint with the New Mexico Department of Transportation or the Federal Transit Administration:
New Mexico Department of Transportation
1590 Pacheco Street
Santa Fe, NM 87505
Federal Transit Administration
Office of Civil Rights
1200 New Jersey Avenue SE
Washington, DC 20590
How do I obtain more information?
If you need more information on our nondiscrimination obligations or complaint procedure, please contact us at (575) 439-4971.